Sheldon (Xiaodong) Du
Renk Agribusiness Chair and Associate Professor
331 Taylor Hall
427 Lorch St.
Madison, WI 53706
- economics of agriculture, commodity markets, economics of energy, and applied econometrics
- Office Hours
- by appointment.
My primary areas of research are agricultural and energy economics. I am interested in understanding production agriculture, its changing structure and adaptation to environmental, policy and technological changes, risk management and crop insurance choices, as well as commodity markets. . My interests also include the economics of traditional and renewable energy, energy policy, and implications for agricultural markets.
- Associate editor, Agricultural Economics
- Associate editor, Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Associate editor, Economics Bulletin
- Renk Chair in Agribusiness, Renk Agribusiness Institute
- AAE 322: Commodity Markets
- AAE 671: Energy Economics
- AAE 722: Machine Learning in Applied Economic Analysis
Ph.D., Economics, Iowa State University, 2008.