Sheldon (Xiaodong) Du
331 Taylor Hall
427 Lorch St.
Madison, WI 53706
- economics of agriculture, commodity markets, economics of energy, and applied econometrics
- Office Hours
- by appointment.
My primary areas of research are energy and agricultural economics. I am interested in the economics of traditional and renewable energy, energy policy, and implications for agricultural markets. My interests also include understanding agricultural adaptation to climate change, risk management and crop insurance choices, as well as commodity markets.
- Renk Professor of Agribusiness, Renk Agribusiness Institute
- Associate editor, Agricultural Economics
- Associate editor, Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Associate editor, Economics Bulletin
- AAE 322: Commodity Markets
- AAE 671: Energy Economics
- AAE 722: Machine Learning in Applied Economic Analysis
Ph.D., Economics, Iowa State University, 2008.