Sheldon (Xiaodong) Du
331 Taylor Hall
427 Lorch St.
Madison, WI 53706
- economics of agriculture, commodity markets, economics of energy, and applied econometrics
- Office Hours
- by appointment.
My primary areas of research are agricultural and energy economics. I am interested in understanding production agriculture, its changing structure and adaptation to environmental, policy and technological changes, risk management and crop insurance choices, as well as commodity markets. My interests also include the economics of traditional and renewable energy, energy policy, and implications for agricultural markets.
- Associate editor, Agricultural Economics
- Associate editor, Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics
- AAE 322: Commodity Markets
- AAE 671: Energy Economics
- AAE 641: Foundations of Agricultural Economics
- AAE 722: Machine Learning in Applied Economic Analysis
Ph.D., Economics, Iowa State University, 2008.