Invitation: Alumni Hub Gatherings

Dear Friends,

Greetings from Madison! I hope this message finds you well.

In December I’ll be traveling to Asia to meet with partner institutions and explore collaboration opportunities. During my visit, the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AAE) in partnership with the Department of Economics, will host two alumni dinner banquets: Beijing, Saturday, December 9 and Taipei, Saturday, December 16.

These events are part of our efforts to launch AAE Global Alumni Hubs. Separate from the broadly based Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) chapters, the hubs will serve as a central contact for AAE alumni in the respective city/region, offering opportunities to network, support one another, and stay connected to your home department. Ultimately, it will be the hub members who decide the when, hows and whys, and we will always be there to support you!

I hope you will join me in either Beijing, Taipei, or both to learn more. It will be an evening of camaraderie, good food and of course, good company-as you know, when Badgers get together, there is always reason to celebrate.

REGISTER by October 31.
The location and time will be set according to the number of registrants. You will receive an email with additional details in mid-November.

I look forward to meeting you in December!

Sincerely,

Guanming Shi, Professor and Chair
Renk Chair in Agribusiness