Certificate in Business Management for Ag & Life Sciences
The CALS Business Management for Agricultural and Life Sciences Certificate (CBC) is an excellent complement to your CALS degree. Develop business analysis, communications and problem solving skills to supplement your degree work and enhance your appeal to employers.
The certificate requires four core courses and two electives, to be layered into your CALS degree plan. The required courses are offered in partnership with the Departments of Agricultural & Applied Economics, Life Sciences Communications, the Wisconsin School of Business and the Renk Agribusiness Institute. This certificate is available exclusively to CALS degree holders. Agricultural Business Management majors are ineligible due to course overlap.
Completion of the certificate requires a total of 18 credits.
Twelve credits are in the required core:
- Agricultural and Applied Economics 215: Introduction to Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Life Sciences Communication 270: Communication in Life Science Industries
- General Business 310: Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance for Non-Business Majors
- General Business 311: Fundamentals of Management and Marketing for Non-Business Majors
No substitutions are allowed for the core courses. A limit of two courses may be used for both certificate and degree credits.
The remaining six credits can be chosen from the following options:
- AAE 319, 320,322, 323, 335, 419, 421, 422, 526 or 540
- DYSCI 233, 234, or 535
- LSC 250, 251, 432, or 435
More information can be found in The Guide.
Undergraduate Student Services
Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics
University of Wisconsin-Madison
427 Lorch Street, Room 424