Dear Members of the AAE CommUNITY:
The recent attack of an Asian UW-Madison graduate student in downtown Madison is very troubling. There is absolutely no excuse for this behavior; it is not to be tolerated.
AAE condemns this behavior; we are committed to maintaining a welcoming, inclusive and supportive environment for all our members. We will continue to value, respect, honor and support every individual member of our AAE community.
UW campus also has a number of resources. If you should experience any incident of hate or bias, a report should be filed with the Dean of Students office. Below is a list of other campus resources:
- The Asian-Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Student Center is available to student members of the UW-Madison APIDA community.
- DDEEA holds a monthly affinity group space for faculty and staff members of the campus APIDA community and welcomes all who identify with the community to join the group. To register: https://diversity.wisc.edu/affinity-group-gatherings
Other Campus Resources
- Dean of Students Office, 608-263-5700
- UHS Mental Health Services, 608-265-5600 (option 9)
- Employee Assistance Office, 608-263-2987
- Resources to Support Our APIDA Community
Respectfully yours in CommUNITY,
The Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics